McGuire Engineers (MEPC) In the News
- Congrats to our "Dyson" project team: Mike, Aubrey, Bob & Rich. The project won the Premier Award in the International Design (IIDA) Illinois RED (Recognizing Excellence in Design) Awards!
- Our President Bill Stangeland wrote an article that was featured in the March issue of HPAC Engineering Magazine on March 4th. Check it out here: http://www.hpac.com/archive/why-retrocommission-your-building
- MEPC would like to welcome two new employees to our company. David Hood is a new plumbing and fire protection engineer who love to spend time with his family, and go fishing during the warm months. Hopefully, his first catch of the season isn't too far away! Jakrawut "M" Janta is our new electrical engineer with extensive experience in building robots, drawing, and painting. Welcome, David and M!
- Engineer John Song returned last night after volunteering with Engineers Without Borders on his first trip to Candelaria, Honduras. His team is working with community leaders in hopes of providing sustainable jobs for low-income families, and advancing towards the community's goal of becoming a model of sustainability in the surrounding region, and hopefully, throughout the world.
- We have exciting news. The Walsh Group has been given the 29th Annual Reconstruction Award for BD+C 2012 for achieving the 6th highest number of LEED points ever awarded in 2011. The engineers at McGuire (MEPC) , Inc. are honored to have assisted their ambitious building team.
- Congratulations to Senior Vice President David Brooks and Mechanical Engineer Mike Murphy for successfully completing the Chicago Marathon!!!
- We are thrilled to announce that September was a great month for Tony McGuire. Tony was presented with the IAMFA (International Association of Museum Facillity Administrators) Lifetime Achievement Award for his major contributions to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of cultural facilities. Tony was also promoted to Vice President of the Engineers Foundation of Chicago . We greatly admire Tony’s skills and talents, and we are honored that IAMFA and the Union League Club have recognized his exceptional efforts in the museum and engineering community.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Aubrey Kohler (who finished with THE FASTEST time), John Song, and Joe Greathouse for successfully completing the Chicago Triathlon!!!
Check us out on Facebook.