VCPI’s existing data center experienced significant cooling and redundancy issues that drove the need for a new data center. Given only a six months’ time frame, McGuire Engineers (MEPC) helped create a six-phase schematic design that provided the client with an accessibility to upgrade the facility as the company increases in size.
- Surveyed all MEP systems of the existing building making sure the appropriate zoning was in order.
- Incorporated into the design plan:
- electrical HVAC and fire suppression systems with air handlers
- supplemental air conditioning units
- UPS unit
- standby diesel generator
- Installation of an onsite power generator and a planned 2N redundant 750kVA.